Tuesday 11 March 2008

Tonight's Entertainment

For the first time in a long time I missed film night this week and instead attended a talk on the works of the great British architect Edwin Lutyens in Ludlow given by TV's Gavin Stamp. Not my usual cup of tea but my stepmum was out with work colleagues and my dad didn't want to go alone. I felt a bit underdressed and out of place in jeans, Transformers t-shirt and trainers but was glad I didn't bother to wear my old fogey cords and brogues as I would have looked the same as everyone else. The Assembly Rooms didn't exactly smell of death but I was the youngest there by a good two decades and I thought I might get a lollipop at the end for being such a well behaved boy!

Next month's talk is on the history of corrugated iron in the building industry.....I think film night might be a better option

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ha, sounds like an evening at the Cheltenham Literature Festival. I once saw the Director of the Whitechapel Gallery talk there about the value of modern art. To a room full of pensioners. The fall out was AMAZING to watch!