Wednesday 9 April 2008

In Praise Of #1: Emusic.com's 75 Tracks for 99p

I like emusic. Being one of the first legal music sites to offer DRM-free mp3 they have no major label artists but they have enough on offer to make it a decent site to buy from. Their current offer of 75 tracks for 99p is excellent value for money (you have to sign up, download your tracks and close your account within a month).

The great music I've bought with this offer;

Finisterre - Saint Etienne
Dear Catastrophe Waitress - Belle & Sebastian
From The Hip - Section 25
Complete Organ Music, Vol. 1 - Olivier Messiaen
Eight Parabolic Studies - Henri Pousseur
Persepolis Remixes Edition 1 - Iannis Xenakis
Krannerg - Iannis Xenakis
Dox-Ork - Iannis Xenakis
Coro - Luciano Berio
Das Atmende Klarsein - Luigi Nono
The Confession of Isobel Gowdie - James McMillan

2 comments:

Jenn said...

emusic.com does indeed rock. They did a free offer recently through the Guardian - 30 tracks for free (so long as you did the same - cancel your subscription within a month). I got some great stuff and was convinced I'd get ripped off - but I didn't!

I'm not sure if it'll let me register for this offer too though...my have to use Chris's login...

Simon said...

This is the third time I've done the special offer with them (same name and address but used a different credit/debit card each time) - I don't think they really mind.

They're also great as the satisfy my urge to "listen" to virtually unlistenable modern classical music!