Wednesday 23 April 2008

Stolen Songs

Part of being in a relationship is the sharing of beliefs, ideals, likes and dislikes. With that comes the sharing of music, art and films etc. But once that relationship ends I find that those things shared are now co-owned and have extra, personal, meanings which is why I haven't listened to "Out of Sight" by Spiritualized from their Let It Come Down album for 5 months; a song I adore and shared with my ex, which she loved, and that we danced to, cuddled to and loved to.

It's a song I'd love to reclaim as my own but time has not allowed that to happen....maybe one day.

Out of sight is always out of mind
I think out of mind is out of sight
I was just looking for some peace of mind
I just couldn't find a peace of mine

They say that pride comes just before a fall
I have fallen and I wasn't sure
You know that I have fallen further before
I just cannot stand falling no more

If I am good I could add years to my life
I would rather add some life to my years
Life is really what you make it they say
I can't even make my mind up today

The world keeps turning it keeps me in my place
Where I stand is only three miles from space
Standing space is all the space I can stand
Gravity just keeps on keeping me down

1 comment:

emma said...

You will get them back, it is odd how it feels like these things have been stolen.
It will just take alot of time