Wednesday 23 January 2008

Tattoos and tings

I've got two tattoos and I had both done after I'd been in love and realised that I was no longer in love (or whether I'd actually been in love at all). The first, a shimmering sun on my left shoulder, that I'm not too impressed with, was a spur of the moment thing whilst I was waiting for a mate to have his ex-fiance's name covered up and the second is the Plastikman logo on my right shoulder that I adore. Well I've been in and out of love for a third time so it's time for another tattoo - what it will be has still to be decided. Any suggestions? Nothing celtic-y though!

One thing I have learned about tattoos is that you need to go to a good tattooist. My ex had a celtic-y shoulder stamp (and bit like arse antlers and tramp stamps but further up the back). Having been given the cold shoulder so often after her shit fits I had ample time to study her tattoo and never had the courage to tell her that it wasn't symmetrical and looking like it had been tattooed by a prison inmate or a drunk.

On the same subject the best question I've been asked by a bouncer (at Sin, no less) was "Have you got any visible tattoos?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How about this old bean?

http://www.saint.org/blog/uploaded_images/saints-logo-southampton-fc-701293.jpg

Simon said...

Nice try matey!

Will get round soon to sending you that Philip Glass doc, some CDs and your book!