Friday 25 January 2008

Two Types of Music I Dislike - Country and Western!

As you can tell from the title I'm not a great fan of Country and Western - I can just about put up with Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash and that's about it. But perusing the Observer's Guide to Rock and Pop I found the following three gems that made me chuckle (please bear in mind I haven't actually listened to these records!).

‘Are You Drinkin’ With Me, Jesus?’ - Mojo Nixon

Should we take a cab home, Jesus? Aw man, we can hoof it from here… / I know you can walk on the water, but can you walk on this much beer?

Drop Kick Me, Jesus (Through the Goal Posts of Life) – Paul Charles Craft

Make me a piece of your master game plan / Free from the earthly temptations below / I’ve got the will, Lord, if you’ve got the toe

I Don’t Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling – Thom Sharpe

Those are my options / It’s that or watch TV

No comments: